Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Before and after April 30 front picket fence repair



The top photo shows where our picket fence had fallen down cause all of the fence posts had rotted off. I had slavaged the picket fence panels and put them back up the best I could today.
 A lot of the trees in the front yard are dying, mostly white pine trees. I'm attempting to get them cleaned up and removed, the one in the photo below has been cut up and needs to be hauled away, you can see one standing dead white pine and 2 dead white pines are leaning on other trees so they'll be hard to get down.


 This tree here is a baby Santa Rosa Plum tree, no plums on it yet. I am allowing the aspen trees to grow up to fill in where the white pine trees have been dying, you can see baby aspens above and blow.
Here are some photos of the picket fencing and arbor where it had not rotted and fallen down.

You can't see them now but there are flower gardens, currant bushes and vines in this area, not quite greened up yet this year.

The sections north of here, next photos a bear had broken the picket fence section and I had to replace that, I'll add a before and some after shots where I repaired the broken picket fence here today.


I did have to remove some lilac bushes to get the broken fence down, glad I had marked the "sensation" lilac with the white plastic guard so I knew not to prune that one out, I only have a couple of those and don't want to lose them. Will attempt to salvage some of the broken pieces of the picket fence for some other use..

So this was what I accomplished today, I'm going to have to relax now as I'm sore and bushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment