Thursday, April 18, 2019

Going to have to repair/replace our picket fencing west property line.

West of here along our property line we had a picket fence from the road to to woods along the property line. We put the fence panels up with posts made of landscape timbers and that was a long time ago. Some of them rotted at the ground level and broke off and the fence fell down in many spots.

Well I removed a lot of it and couldn't afford to buy the posts at the time to repair it, and with all of the surgeries over the past years, especially the shoulder surgery limited the amount of work I've been able to do as well.

Our neighbors only visit from time to time but their dog chases my cat when it is out and she has to climb a tree for protection. SO. I've decided to attempt to repair/ replace the picket fence that I took down this year as soon as possible.

I walked the fenceline and found that I am going to need about 20 posts to reattach the panels that I took down, some posts are still up and solid and some fence panels are still up. I won't be buying new fence panels at this time, but I'll be replacing at least one broken panel and possibly one that is in rough shape. I have 2 arbors with gates still standing along this property fenceline. I have also planted a LOT of trees, shrubs and flowers along the fenceline. There are white pine, red pine, hemlock, lots of berry shrubs and flowering shrubs like lilacs, a few deciduous trees and some mints, jerusalem artichokes, daylilies and other flowers, a crab apple and some other shrubs and plants.

When I begin to work on the repair/replace I'll update with photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment