Monday, February 11, 2019

After I built the ramp, made porch wheelchair accessible

http://restfultrailsfoodforestgarden.blogspot.com/

Here above is a link to my old blog. The last entries on my old blog I had built the ramp because Ron had to have knee surgery. After that my mom and then my aunt came to live with us and needed walker and then wheelchair. So I had to redo the front porch and get rid of all barriers to walkers and wheelchairs. So I tiled the floor and put in threshholds to make it easier to get in and out.





My mom stayed with us for several months before she died in 2017 and my aunt came to live with us in 2017 and stayed until summer of 2018.



The top photo is my mother when she was staying here, the bottom one is my Aunt Ruth. They both enjoyed sunning themselves on the porch.

Originally this was an open deck, I had my son help me build plexiglass panels to enclose the deck under the existing roof and between the posts. We added a door and eventually a screen/storm door to that. It gets quite warm on the porch and if it is sunny we can open the door to the house even in the winter, but in the summer we have to have the screen door open to the outside as it gets very hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment