Monday, February 11, 2019

a few more photos from the pond side garden area..

 Here is a closer look at the screen that I was building by the pond side garden, from the inside, before I added the planter and the vines. The center was the salvaged hexagon piece that I picked up somewhere?? And the rest was salvaged posts, 2x4's and salvaged lattice from an old garden enclosure. Below is a view from across the pond while I was working on the pondside garden. The pond is done in two parts a north part and a south part with an island and a bridge in between. The telephone pole bench that you see on the right is on the little island. There is a small footbridge on the other side of the island.

 This shot shows before we added the lattice fencing on the east, the shrub there on the left is some sort of willow shrub I think, not sure it is wild and grew on it's own. I've put mulch around it as it's fairly weedy. But it is kinda pretty so I allowed it to stay, and the birds really love it. It was a fun project. I wasn't able to finish it up as I had injured my right shoulder in the summer of 2017 and then hurt it worse just before Christmas  2017, and I had to have surgery on it in March of 2018. The recovery of the shoulder surgery made it nearly impossible for me to do anything but keep the lawn maintained for the entire following summer (2018).

This photograph is when I was first installing the pavers and setting up the garden beds in the baby garden also. This was before I moved in the swing and the decking and installed the lattice on the east side. The below photograph is a picture of the waterfall without any water in it. We had some pretty severe droughts in the summer of 2017 and 2018 so we unplugged the pump for the waterfall so we didn't waste pond water to evaporation. The plants didn't seem to mind much.

No comments:

Post a Comment