Monday, June 24, 2019

Brain Surgery

Well on May 23 2019 I had brain surgery to repair some cerebral spinal fluid leaks from my brain. I was in the hospital until June 1 and I've been recovering. I'm not supposed to be doing any lifting, pullling, pushing or digging.

This is putting quite a crimp in my gardening, with my shoulder surgery last year that set me back a year I'm being further set back this year with my restrictions.

This is a photograph of the raised beds taken after I got out of the hospital, not being allowed to pull weeds for a while they are really messy, but as of now we have begun to pick some strawberries, lettuce and other greens from the beds and the grapes and blueberries are flowering. Hope is eternal.




In the meantime my tried and true lilacs, smoke bush, honeysuckles and fruit trees have all bloomed and the siberian and bearded iris are in bloom now. Roses are coming on as are mock orange and other flowers, a great thing about having established perennials and fruit plants and trees, even when you can't do anything, they can.





There are lupines an poppies and spirea and hardy geraniums flowering all over, my property is taking care of me during my recovery.




So going into July I'm hopeful, the nut trees have baby hazelnuts, the berries are producing, the fruit trees have apples plums pears, etc. And even the replanted because of a late frost gardens are growing again, maybe we'll have some produce from them, but this little gal is trying to prevent that. In the first photo she is eating strawberry leaves and in the second one she was getting up on her hind legs and eating off the apple tree.


So I'll check in with you when things began to pop around here..later..

No comments:

Post a Comment